"After many years of searching for the ability to like myself and cope with my everyday problems, I am quite confident I have found it here at Serenity Lane. If any ever asked me when my birth date is, I shall answer May 3, 1973. After my stay here at Serenity Lane, I feel like I have been born again."
~ Serenity Lane's first patient
The purpose of the site is to inform you of upcoming Alumni events and allow you to connect with each other and share your experience, strength and hope in your recovery.
CLICK HERE TO BE ADDED TO OUR EMAIL LIST for up-to-date information on events in your area. Please add your zip code in the subject line.
- Take into account that great love and great achievements involve great risk.
- When you lose, don't lose the lesson.
- Follow the three Rs: Respect for self, Respect for others and Responsibility for all your actions.
- Remember that not getting what you want is sometimes a wonderful stroke of luck.
- Learn the rules so you know how to break them properly.
- Don't let a little dispute injure a great friendship.
- When you realize you've made a mistake, take immediate steps to correct it.
- Spend some time alone every day.
- Open your arms to change, but don't let go of your values.
- Remember that silence is sometimes the best answer.
- Live a good, honorable life. Then when you get older and think back, you'll be able to enjoy it a second time.
- A loving atmosphere in your home is the foundation for your life.
- In disagreements with loved ones, deal only with the current situation. Don't bring up the past.
- Share your knowledge. It's a way to achieve immortality.
- Be gentle with the earth.
- Once a year, go some place you have never been before.
- Remember that the best relationship is one in which your love for each other exceeds your need for each other.
- Judge your success by what you had to give up in order to get it.
- Approach love and cooking with reckless abandon.