THE LAST TREATMENT
PROGRAM YOU'LL NEED.
The ExSL program treats long term addiction and focuses on a therapeutic
community for the healing and support of recovering addicts who
are relapse prone and who have made slow progress in primary treatment. Therapeutic community is
a communal approach to addiction recovery that brings healing and
support through a total change in life-style. Therapeutic communities
have made the greatest impact on alcoholics/drug addicts for the
- Addiction is viewed as a disorder of the whole person, effecting many aspects of daily life. Therefore, it is not enough to deal exclusively with the chemical of abuse.
- The ExSL program has a highly structured daily regimen: providing
order, reducing boredom, reducing drug use preoccupations, enhancing
satisfaction of accomplishments
- The program promotes a willingness to confront others in a supportive way in keeping with the rules and spirit of community: checking attitudes, moods, and appreciation of each other's progress.
The ExSL program is specifically designed for relapse prone persons.
- The program helps patients deal with the core issues and unfinished business directly related to addiction that triggers relapse.
- The ExSL program helps relapse prone persons to look at core psychological personality and abuse issues that may result in relapse.
- Patients are taught how to manage cravings.
Length of the program varies with individual needs, but the program is a minimum of 2 months.
Clients must be at least 21 years of age and have already completed primary treatment, either at Serenity Lane or elsewhere.
Interview with the mother of a young male ExSL patient.
NEXT: Your Last Treatment Program »